Becoming a member of Meissner Nordic means that you are personally supporting the vibrant ski activities we organize at the Virginia Meissner SnoPark. Keep those efforts strong and sustainable by becoming a member today.
Becoming a Member is Easy
- Online - The form below will step you through your membership renewal, including payment options. You can make it happen today.
- Old School - If you are more comfortable sticking with paper, then follow our offline directions a the bottom of the page.
Why Is It Important?
- Collective Voice. Collective voice is community. This is very important to have when we are campaigning for additions and updates to the area (ie. Forest Service), applying for grants, or soliciting corporate donations. This may not be an immediate benefit to you directly, but it probably one of the best benefits long term.
- Allows for long term financial planning and yearly budgeting. Again, very important!!!
- Allows you to be a participant in setting the direction of Meissner Nordic (ie. through on-line surveys, participation at board meetings, etc.)
- Allows us to buy insurance at reasonable rates
- Provides a cost effective training area for community, middle school, and high school ski programs. Specifically, Meissner SnoPark is the training area for:
Economics of Membership
- 5 outings for an individual ($75/$15 = 5 skis)
- 2 family outings ($125 / $15 = 8 per person trips, assuming a family of 4, 8/4 = 2 family trips)
What do we ask of our members?
- Volunteer. Meissner is for the Community, by the Community. It is thanks to members lending a hand that we are able to keep our membership fees where they are now. Please consider playing an active role in Meissner Nordic with trail maintenance, trail hosting, leadership, etc. See the Volunteer page for how you can help out.
- That you be an Ambassador for Meissner Nordic. Become familiar with the mission, successes and vision of Meissner Nordic. Be a “supportive” skier – help those who need a bit of assistance; shovel the steps to the Yurt when the stairs are snowed in; its the little things that make a big difference.
- and, have fun and ski!!!
What Does It Cost?
(COCC/ OSU-C & High School)
* Suggested contribution amounts.
What is the difference between a Gold, Silver, or Bronze membership? Nothing! We realize that the economics for many families has been trying over the past several years, and with that in mind, we have set a three tiered membership rate structure. Choose the option that makes sense for you and/or your family — based on monetary considerations and and usage. (See the economics section for more detail.)
Our goal at Meissner Nordic is to be inclusive, not exclusive. We would rather have you be a member at $1, than not a member at all. The above memberships are suggested amounts. If your condition warrants a different contribution amount, please contribute accordingly. Meissner Nordic — For the Community, By the Community.
How to Become a Member Offline
To enroll via paper and snail mail:
- Print and complete the 2012-2013 Meissner Nordic Membership Form (pdf)
- Sign the liability waiver at the bottom of the form
- Write a check, payable to Meissner Nordic, for the proper amount
- Mail the signed form, with membership dues, to:Meissner Nordic
PO Box 2032
Bend, OR 97709-2032