There are several openings on the Meissner Nordic board, so if you love the work we do at Meissner, it’s time to consider how you might contribute.
If this intrigues you, please send us a statement of interest along with any specific skill sets that you believe will serve us well to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Board of Director Candidate” in the subject line.
Board of Directors Job Description
Working Board Culture
- Board members are expected to put time and energy into planning and management of a ski area, cultivation of individual and business relationships in the community and be passionate about the idea of providing skiing opportunities for a breadth of skier interests and skill levels.
- Open and frequent communication is critical.
- Three year commitment as a member of the board (it goes fast!).
- The board meets on the first Wednesday of each month for regular board meetings. Meetings generally go from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- One or two additional meetings per month are often a necessity during the ski season (Early November to Early April) to ensure all projects and responsibilities are addressed.
- Total approximate time commitment is 10-12 hours/ month during ski season. Off season time commitment is reduced to approximately 5-10 hours/month.
- Be willing to manage or oversee a project to keep Meissner Nordic moving forward.
- Open and frequent communication both in person and via electronic means
- Open to receiving feedback
- Willing to provide honest constructive feedback and suggestions as well
- Willing to represent TLC/ Meissner Nordic’s perspectives in the community regardless of personal opinions that may differ.
- Professional and respectful representation and discussion of issues is critical to maintaining our high quality relationships with our members and our community at large.
- Willing to take on and be accountable to projects critical to the evolution of TLC/ Meissner Nordic.
- General computer literacy. For reference, programs we use regularly include: Microsoft Office, Google, Word Press, Twitter, Facebook, Tweetdeck, Mail Chimp, and CMS Platforms, etc.
- Passion for skiing and for expanding accessibility to cross-country skiing to a breadth of skier groups from kids to adults; recreational to competitive.
- Willingness to learn, creative, entrepreneurial.
- Level of Nordic skiing ability is NOT a factor! Simply your passion for sharing the sport.